Would you like to host a Funshop?
Click here to submit your idea and get in on the fun!
Artist Trading Cards
Open to all ages
What are Artist Trading Cards? Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) are simply pieces of art that are made out of cards measuring 2.5” by 3.5”. You can buy special paper already cut to this size, or better yet, simply use sturdy paper you already have at home. Old file folders, card stock, greeting cards – any paper that is not flimsy – can be cut to the right dimensions and used as an ATC. Think about baseball trading cards and look for paper about that weight. Or, be creative and use materials other than paper. Just keep to the 2.5” x 3.5” size. Once you have your 2.5 x 3.5” card, what you do with it is up to you. Draw on it, paint, collage, sew, embellish, write words. In an ATCs funshop, all of the participants share materials, themes, techniques and ideas with others in the funshop to make unique ATCs. And we always schedule time for trading/swapping finished cards too. Hosted by Erika Davis-Pitre.
ATCs Supplies needed from Home for this Funshop:
- Cardstock-Cut to the 2.5″x 3.5″ size and leftover scraps.
- Colored paper of various weights and sizes.
- Old gift wrap, Magazines and Catalogs for collage cards.
- Fabric scraps, Buttons and other sewing notions for
- Watercolor paints, Crayons, Colored Markers, Gel Pens, Colored Pencils etc.
- Scissors, Paper Punches, Glue, Tape, etc.
- And any other Arts and Crafts supplies that you would like to share (Most Scrapbooking Supplies work well for making ATCs).
*Even if you don’t participate in the ATC funshop, we would really appreciate donations of art supplies from everyone!*