The LIFE is Good Unschooling Conference will comply with and enforce all state regulations that are in effect at the time of the conference. Depending on the state of the COVID-19 pandemic at the time of the conference, LIFE is Good reserves the right to require additional protections for participants beyond current requirements.
- Proof of vaccination is not required but vaccination is strongly encouraged if possible. We believe that the best way to prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19 is to get vaccinated.
- Conference attendees, exhibitors, and speakers will be required to participate in a wellness check before admission to the conference. Persons in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 5 days or experiencing COVID symptoms will need to show the results of a negative COVID test prior to admission.
ppppp— In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms?
ppppp— Have you been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 5 days?
ppppp— Within the past 5 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
- Attendees are asked to perform a daily wellness check for themselves and their family members. If anyone has any symptoms of illness: please inform the conference organizers IMMEDIATELY, and refrain from entering the conference spaces until you can show a current negative COVID test.
- In accordance with the CDC’s most recent recommendations in response to rising Corona virus infections, masks will be required in all conference areas. (Masks are required for ages 5 and above. Children ages 3-4 are encouraged to wear a mask with adult supervision, but it is not required.) If you need one, masks will be available at the registration desk free of charge. Anyone who ignores the policy will be asked to leave the conference.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed throughout the hotel. Attendees are encouraged to sanitize their hands frequently, especially after a funshop or hands-on activity.
- LIFE is Good will ensure that event space is set-up to allow individuals who wish to physically distance while in sessions to do so comfortably. We will also provide all attendees with their choice of color-coded stickers to place on their nametag (shown below) to represent their choice of contact:
Red = Masks & Social Distancing Please
Yellow = Still Cautious – Please Ask
Green = Hugs & High-fives welcome
Please remember that we are a diverse group, and as such you can expect to share space with people who hold a variety of beliefs about the pandemic, vaccines, and safety measures. Despite this new situation, participants are expected to abide by all aspects of the COVID-19 policy and to treat all volunteers, staff, participants, and hotel staff with respect.
UPDATED May 24, 2022